Sunday, February 6, 2011

Trash 2 Treasure!

I love the idea that you can turn anything that you find or have on hand into a miniature.  I have seen so many cool things that people have done with simple everyday items.  

I was looking around on the internet for something that I could use in my dollhouse to save some money.  And, I found this really cool site.  Believe me when I say this site is loaded with all kinds of information about miniatures.  I could stay there for days reading and looking at all the pretty things they have put together for the site. 

http://minitreasures.pbworks.com/w/page/20982005/trash_minis

The site is really full of all kinds of information about Dollhouse Miniatures,blogs, links and pictures of wonderful miniatures.  

I tried a couple of things from the site and they turned out so cute.  One was using half of a ping pong ball for a lamp.  Here is a picture of my attempt.  Not as good as the one on the site.  But, It was fun trying.

I cut it in half, then painted it, then added nail art and some findings.  You will find out how to do this and a lot more on http://www.minitreasures.pbworks.com/   Have fun! 

Here is one more picture of a miniature I tried from the above site. 

Triple hook, beads and findings.  You can glue it all together and hang it from a chain.

Love
MMM

No comments:

Post a Comment