Thursday, February 10, 2011

More work on Victoria's Farmhouse

I have been working on Victoria's Farmhouse like crazy.   I have the second floor walls up now and working on the roof.

Trying to paint as I go along.  I know, it looks like I have been jumping around from room to room with the paint....it is because, I have.   The reason.  I have tried different brushes and rollers.  Trying to see which one works better. 
I have put a few of the windows in so that you can see what they look like in.  The windows that don't have frames in them are the ones that I had to order.  They were missing from the kit. 
A view of the side opening.  I haven't been brave enough to try yet. I hope to start the shingles soon.  And go back and work on the front gable. 

So, drop me a line in the comments section and tell me what you think of Victoria's Farmhouse.  Let me know if you have this dollhouse, would like to build this dollhouse or just to say hello! I would love to hear from you.

Love
MMM

4 comments:

  1. I see that house is coming along. On the close-ups, it seems like the floor and interior walls are MDF...is that true? The kit I used was all 3/8 plywood, but then it was 18 years old. I am not particularly fond of MDF as it has a tendency to warp unless it is sealed first.

    Are you going to electrify this house? Best to do it now...you'll be sorry later if you don't. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tabitha, I'm pretty sure that the walls and floors are MDF. When the replacement for the Front Gable came in the mail. It was Plywood. I could the see the difference. Mine was not made in Vermont. It was from overseas. Your right about the warping. This had so many parts that were warped, I had to lay heavy books on them to get it to go back straight.
    I thought about wiring it for electric. But changed my mind since this house had so much damage. I'm going to save my money for the next house and then wire it. The pictures do a really good job of hiding how much real damage there is.
    I figured this house could be my "get my toes wet" and if I made a mistake....I would not freak out to bad..LOL!
    Happy to hear from you!

    Love
    MMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good idea, Mindy, using this as a "practice" house to learn techniques. I am glad that RGT is still using quality materials for their houses, as evidenced buyt he plywood front gable. I thought all of their houses were made in Vermont. Do you think it might be a knock-off?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It says on the outside of the box that it was made in malaysia....I know, I'm not spelling it right..LOL! From what I can found out.. this is one of the houses that was sold at Hobby Lobby. I cheaper version of the better made ones that come from Vermont. But, I really have had a good time with the house so far.

    ReplyDelete