Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hardwood floors for Victoria's Farmhouse

I have been wanting to put hardwood floors in a least one of the rooms of Victoria's Farmhouse.  I decided to put hardwood floors in the living room.  I found a really pretty stain called Sedona Red.  
I used skinny craft sticks. Measured out the room and began laying the sticks down on card stock paper. 
 
I started having a hard time with the sticks because they were not very straight...LOL!  Always love a challenge! But, it was fun to make it fit.  I thought it would give the floors an old world feel if I made them look like they were nailed down on the floor.

I added the nail marks before I stained the floors.  I think it made it look more real.  I looked around at other blogs and found that someone else had done this and it looked really nice.  I tried to find the blog again so I could thank them for sharing the information and give credit to them.  
Sorry about the lighting.  Here is the whole floor.  I think it turned out pretty good for my first time.  I had to trim and sand to make sure the sides were smooth and to make it fit the room as close as possible.
I didn't like the stairs that came with the house and I found a kit off of Ebay that was really pretty.  I haven't finished putting it completely together yet.  But, here is a preview.  I was so happy the door fit to!
Now, to finished the baseboards and walls.  Wish me luck!  I hope you liked the floors.  Have a great day!

Love
MMM

5 comments:

  1. The floor is great. Like the nails.
    Good luck with the walls :)
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Eliana and Mona! Your both so kind! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mindy,the Victoria's Farmhouse is so beautiful,love the kitchen so full of light! Miniregards from Spain,Sonia.

    ReplyDelete